Skip to main content
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23


We know that God speaks to us through His word.  But have you ever heard that 'still small voice' nudging you when you begin to doubt?  Let me assure you, it just takes a little of that doubt to settle in and soon the mind becomes  paralyzed by fear.


 I was privileged to hear a Ladies Day speaker a few weeks ago who challenged me in my weakness. "I want to leave you with two words today, "Trust Me."  She reminded us of what God had already said, but my own thoughts drowned out.  I shared a few of her thoughts with my husband, but left this one out. Maybe I was feeling guilty over my lack of trust and faith.  I don't know.  But Sunday evening I heard him say, "God is telling us, 'Trust Me.'"   It made me squirm!  I knew I was being reminded that I was wavering and needed this reminder!  Again, the next day, someone or something reminded me of these two words.  Believe me, after hearing it three times in three days, I became very contrite and humbled over my lack of belief and trust.  


There was just no getting around it.  I was not really believing God was going to keep His promise, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (From Hebrews 13:5) When the going gets tough, sometimes I just want to run and hide.  But that isn't an option.  We either need to prepare for the battle that we see coming and remember that God's grace is sufficient for the day, or we will fail miserably in our Christian walk.  


I'd like to leave you with these words in closing, "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21  We don't need to fear, because He has promised and He, unlike our earthly friends, family or neighbors, will always keep His promises.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes

Change is inevitable.  Life is a journey and we cannot see the road ahead.  We plan, we plot, we strategize and organize.  Then some element changes, throwing the entire plan into chaos.   How we respond to that change makes all the difference in the outcome.  What happens when our well-thought out plan is no longer workable?  Do we throw up our hands and give up?  Do we lament and moan and weep over it?  Do we begin working on Plan B?  None of these is a 'wrong' answer as long as we don't get stuck in one too long.  How important is it for us to grieve the loss of our first plan?  It's important and necessary even to mourn for what isn't going to happen, or even the loss of what could be.   Rodger and I planned for me to be a 'stay-at-home mom.'  He never liked coming home to an empty house when he was a kid.  But I think that the stronger motivation was having one of us to be there for our children...

Update on the Wallet

Now don't faint.  I know it's just been a few days since my last blog post.  But when God get's moving, things happen fast. Wednesday afternoon I arrived home (thanks for the last minute ride from Enterprise, Debbie!)   and saw a huge pile of mail on the recliner (thank you, Janae, for seeing it safely inside!) I was too tired to look at it much, but saw a letter from the police department and tossed it aside, thinking it was just a copy of the final report on my wallet. Thursday morning, my plans changed, and so I started laundry and sorted through the mail.  I opened the police report, only it wasn't a report, but a notice  to pick up evidence!  I raced up (okay, I might have slightly exceeded the speed limit once or twice) to get my wallet. Enough to say that it was intact (minus the cash) and all my cards were in it.  But no pictures (why?  What reason would they have to leave everything else, but not the pictures of my children and grands?). ...

When In Doubt, Breathe

Some years ago, my dr. noticed I was very tense and suggested, "When in doubt, breathe!" I laughed and relaxed. At times of tension and stress in the years following, I have remembered those 4 simple words. Sometimes I have to consciously stop holding my breath and take the next breath. It's a simple act, but it helps to clear my foggy brain. Fresh air and fresh thoughts begin to fill my head and I can clearly see the next step. Once I can think, I am able to hear God as He directs my steps. Proverbs 16:9 "The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."