Friday, October 27, 2023

Update on the Wallet

Now don't faint.  I know it's just been a few days since my last blog post.  But when God get's moving, things happen fast.

Wednesday afternoon I arrived home (thanks for the last minute ride from Enterprise, Debbie!)   and saw a huge pile of mail on the recliner (thank you, Janae, for seeing it safely inside!) I was too tired to look at it much, but saw a letter from the police department and tossed it aside, thinking it was just a copy of the final report on my wallet.

Thursday morning, my plans changed, and so I started laundry and sorted through the mail.  I opened the police report, only it wasn't a report, but a notice  to pick up evidence!  I raced up (okay, I might have slightly exceeded the speed limit once or twice) to get my wallet.

Enough to say that it was intact (minus the cash) and all my cards were in it.  But no pictures (why?  What reason would they have to leave everything else, but not the pictures of my children and grands?).  I did hand back someone else's social security card, and two gift cards which were not mine.  (I thought, briefly about keeping them, after all, I was out $40! But then I decided I couldn't keep anything that wasn't mine.  They may never know,  But God would.  

Lesson learned:  temptation comes in many ways and forms.  But temptation is not sin.  Giving in is the sin.  Some days are better than others.  It's easier to resist when we are prepared.  

So, I"m going to state the obvious:  Be prepared!  Take time to read the word each morning.  Make that a priority before all else (speaking to myself here!).   Talk to God.  Ask Him to guide and protect your heart throughout the day.

Psalm 119:11 "I have stored up Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You."

Aren't you glad that God has given us a hard copy of His heart, mind and soul?  Don't you love that we have this as a sword and shield?  I'm happy that we can read and discover His beautiful plan for us.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on the Wallet

Now don't faint.  I know it's just been a few days since my last blog post.  But when God get's moving, things happen fast. Wedn...