Thursday, December 15, 2011

Morning Song

 My soul still remembers



And sinks within me.


 This I recall to my mind,


Therefore I have hope.


 Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,


Because His compassions fail not.


 They are new every morning;


Great is Your faithfulness.


 “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,


“ Therefore I hope in Him!”   Lamentations 3:20-24

This passage is such a comfort to me this morning!  I have been feeling overwhelmed by the events unfolding in my life.  Many things have simply thrown me on my knees, imploring God for relief and comfort.  What a joy to rediscover this beautiful passage.  I am reminded that my faith in God is not hopeless.  He will have compassion on me.  In His mercy He will not let me be overtaken by the circumstances not within my control.  There is hope that in His merciful compassion I will find the sweet relief.

It occurs to me that others have faced as much and far worse.  Paul and Silas were able to sing through the night while in chains.  Surely I can remember and sing a song of praise and joy to my Maker?

Psalm 77:5-6 says it well (they are God's words, after all!):

I have considered the days of old,



The years of ancient times.


I call to remembrance my song in the night;


I meditate within my heart,


And my spirit makes diligent search.


This 'remembrance of things past is what we should do in times of trouble;  look to God's word for wisdom and guidance.  Diligently search where we know to find the best advice! 
 
May you be guided to His counsel and wisdom.  Often I have found just the words and tender comfort I needed.  Thank you dear Lord, for your inexpressable gift of salvation, and of gift of the Spirit who dwells within each believer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on the Wallet

Now don't faint.  I know it's just been a few days since my last blog post.  But when God get's moving, things happen fast. Wedn...