Skip to main content

Beauty of Autumn



Genesis 8:22
"While the earth remains,Seedtime and harvest,
And cold and heat,And summer and winter,
And day and night Shall not cease."

I just love Fall. It is my favorite time of year. Not only is the earth a riot of color, but the special times with family are nearly here. I just love the crisp air, the bright clear skies. I love the rainy days as well; the soft patter of the drops as they soak the soil and clean up the atmosphere.

Autumn also reminds me that God has promised the cycles of the seasons, and He does it with such artistry! With the tilt of the earth, even the sunlight changes the way things look; shadows and light appear sharper, more brilliant. It amazes me how each detail, even the way leaf and acorn fall to the earth, becomes a work of art.

He never fails to keep his promise whether we remember Him or not. But don't forget to stop and and be thankful for the beauty that surrounds you. And then thank Him for his faithful attendance to the seasons, year after year. Whether we noticed or not.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keys to Building a Good Marriage

Photo by Charlotte Duren   We recently moved to a new community.  In all the preparation for holiday celebrations and then the move, getting settled in our home and community, my quiet time dwindled to a few prayers on the run and scattered thoughts on the word.  Add family to the mix and it occurred to me how easy it is to neglect those things which are most important.  If my relationship to God is hurting, how much more so the relationship to my husband and children must be suffering!   The natural ebb and flow of life is never a steady stream, but sometimes a rushing torrent, sometimes a trickle in the desert.  If we women don't carve out time for our own daily study, the whole family suffers and our marriage is not the best it can be. Each of us has the same amount of time.  We have today.  No one is promised more or less.  But we much make a conscious choice how we spend that time.  Now we don't all have the same responsibilit...

Changes

Change is inevitable.  Life is a journey and we cannot see the road ahead.  We plan, we plot, we strategize and organize.  Then some element changes, throwing the entire plan into chaos.   How we respond to that change makes all the difference in the outcome.  What happens when our well-thought out plan is no longer workable?  Do we throw up our hands and give up?  Do we lament and moan and weep over it?  Do we begin working on Plan B?  None of these is a 'wrong' answer as long as we don't get stuck in one too long.  How important is it for us to grieve the loss of our first plan?  It's important and necessary even to mourn for what isn't going to happen, or even the loss of what could be.   Rodger and I planned for me to be a 'stay-at-home mom.'  He never liked coming home to an empty house when he was a kid.  But I think that the stronger motivation was having one of us to be there for our children...

Update on the Wallet

Now don't faint.  I know it's just been a few days since my last blog post.  But when God get's moving, things happen fast. Wednesday afternoon I arrived home (thanks for the last minute ride from Enterprise, Debbie!)   and saw a huge pile of mail on the recliner (thank you, Janae, for seeing it safely inside!) I was too tired to look at it much, but saw a letter from the police department and tossed it aside, thinking it was just a copy of the final report on my wallet. Thursday morning, my plans changed, and so I started laundry and sorted through the mail.  I opened the police report, only it wasn't a report, but a notice  to pick up evidence!  I raced up (okay, I might have slightly exceeded the speed limit once or twice) to get my wallet. Enough to say that it was intact (minus the cash) and all my cards were in it.  But no pictures (why?  What reason would they have to leave everything else, but not the pictures of my children and grands?). ...